[opensource] New PCs (+1 iMac) for the office! (We also need to name them!)

Alexander J. Lingo lingo.13 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 6 22:45:51 EST 2006

Today Tom and I went to OSU Surplus and got some decent boxes for the
office. We'd like to thank the CS&E Department for their generosity and
help!

Here is what we got:
* One 1GHz 256MB RAM Pentium III
* One 933MHz 384MB RAM Pentium III
* One 867MHz 128MB RAM Pentium III
* One original slot-loading 500MHz 128MB RAM iMac
* Two large Dell Trinitron Monitors
* Three sets of speakers
* Three roller-ball mice
* Three PS/2 keyboards

My basic plan is to turn DL190 into a login/file server (I.E, providing
/home) and have the three or four graphical boxes be on an internal network
connected to DL190.

If I do in fact use DL190 as the server, it will be renamed Euclid.

We need names for the new boxes though. Names have been suggested in another
thread, but you can continue here.

-- alex