[opensource] New PCs (+1 iMac) for the office! (We also need to namethem!)

Paul Betts bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Nov 7 11:29:41 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 22:45 -0500, Alexander J. Lingo wrote:
> My basic plan is to turn DL190 into a login/file server (I.E,
> providing /home) and have the three or four graphical boxes be on an
> internal network connected to DL190.

That's a good plan, basically turn the slowest (functional) PC into the
login/file server, as even a fairly slow PC (P2-era) can most likely
handle this. Make sure that the box has a decent amount of RAM though,
that'll help. We may want to find more RAM for those 256 and 128 MB guys
too; it'd be nice if we could get all those boxes up to 512.

--
Paul Betts <bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu>