[opensource] erubycon - Enterprise Ruby Conference, February 2007

James Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Nov 7 12:32:18 EST 2006

Cross-post from cojug's list:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [announcements] [ANN] erubycon - Enterprise Ruby Conference,
February 2007
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 19:38:20 -0500
From: Rob Biedenharn <Rob at AgileConsultingLLC.com>
To: announcements at cojug.org

EdgeCase and AgileConsultingLLC are proud to announce erubycon, the
first conference specifically for demonstrating Ruby's place in the
Enterprise world.  Many of you out there have stood back and watched
as Ruby and Ruby on Rails have gained popularity. Many of you have
had the same questions:

    * Can I use it for real applications?
    * Can I integrate it with my current systems?
    * Will it scale?

We have gathered an exceptional group of speakers to come and share
their experiences with Ruby in Enterprise organizations. These
speakers will answer these questions and more. The speakers have had
extensive experience and success in many environments such as Java and
.NET. They have also found tremendous success and enjoyment with Ruby.

    * Bruce Tate, international speaker and best selling author of
nine titles including Better, Faster, Lighter Java, and Bitter Java
has recently written the popular From Java to Ruby: Things Every
Manager should Know will give us an overview of how he has helped
organizations accelerate their development and increase effectiveness
thanks to the Ruby language.
    * Justin Gehtland, co-author of the recent Pragmatic Ajax and
Rails for Java Developers will share his experiences and successes he
has had recently as founding partner of Relevance, an organization
that has successfully leveraged Ruby inside the Enterprise.
    * Stuart Halloway, founding partner of Relevance, co-author of
Rails for Java Developers, international speaker, and trainer who has
trained some of the top consulting organizations in the country on
Ruby and Ruby on Rails. Stuart will bring his exceptional teaching
style and extensive experience to the conference and demonstrate what
this language can do for you.
    * Neal Ford, Application Architect for ThoughtWorks, author of The
Art of Java Web Development, and international speaker who frequently
speaks about Enterprise development for the popular No Fluff Just
Stuff series will come and speak about the success ThoughtWorks has
had with Ruby and Ruby on Rails in large organizations.

We will have announcements soon about many of the other exciting
speakers you will get to hear from at the conference. We will provide
a balanced view of the state of Ruby and what it can do for your
organization.

erubycon takes place February 9-11, 2007 in Columbus Ohio.
Registration opens November 15, and pricing will be announced soon.
Tickets will be limited in order to offer a more intimate setting and
chance for everyone to hear the speakers. A lounge area will be setup
for speaker Q&A sessions, coding help, or just to hang out.

Stay tuned to erubycon.com for more details as the days progress.

Links:
erubycon            - http://erubycon.com/
EdgeCase            - http://theedgecase.com/
AgileConsultingLLC  - http://agileconsultingllc.com