[opensource] Meeting Announcement: 11/20/06 - Office Lab Hackery

Alexander J. Lingo lingo.13 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 20 20:06:02 EST 2006

OPENSOURCE CLUB MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT:
======================================

Date:11/20/2006
Time: 7:00PM
Room: 112F Caldwell

Event: Open Source Office Lab Hackery

Hey Guys! Tomorrow we are going to meet in the Caldwell 112F office to
attempt to get the three new computers up-and-running together.

Here's what we need to accomplish:

1. Get more memory for one of the PCs and install Ubuntu on it.
2. Install Ubuntu-server on DL190 and set it up as a file/login server +
firewall\
3. Network the three client PC's to DL19.

If anyone has any Pentium III memory sticks they are willing to donate, it
would be great.

Also, could someone bring a 4-port router so we can network them for initial
setup?

-- alex

Club meetings are always open to the general public including nonmembers and
nonstudents.  Meetings are casual and usually last about one and a half
hours.  You are welcome to attend as your schedule permits - please be
courteous when coming late or leaving early.

For more information, please visit: http://opensource.cse.ohio-state.edu