[opensource] Student IT jobs

William Triest triest.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 27 12:58:18 EST 2006

The Department of Chemistry is almost always looking to hire student
workers.   We require more knowledge then the typical lab monitor jobs,
because we give our students a lot more responsibility.  We're primarily
interested in the ability to independently learn, but you need to have
enough knowledge that you are productive quickly.  This job is a great
learning experience and resume builder.  As a general rule of thumb, we
let the students set  their own schedule, so its a job that fits around
classes and other activities very easily.  You should be able to work at
least 10 hours a week.  If you need to take time off then all we ask is
an e-mail or phone call before you scheduled time to work.

Normally I would wait until next quarter to advertise the jobs, but over
the quarter break we're hoping to transition mail servers.  In addition,
I know they're looking to make some big changes to the undergraduate
computer labs in our department, so  we're looking to be very busy and
could really use help.  So especially if you'll be around over break (or
at least for some of it) consider applying now.

If interested please send an e-mail (with resume if you have one) to
wtriest at chemistry.ohio-state.edu  In the e-mail please highlight any
relevant experience (please list anything relevant, including building
your own computer). Please highlight your strengths so I have a better
idea of we could best utilize you.

--Bill Triest
Department of Chemistry