[opensource] I fixed the dl190 PC

Peter M B M Dietz dietzp at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Oct 18 17:17:49 EDT 2006

Thanks Paul,

I'm sure the direct upgrade from hoary(5.10) to edgy(6.10) was quick and
easy.

==
Memo to all, The open source lab is in Caldwell Labs 112 (room F in the CSE
student lab). The room is complete with a couch*, minifridge*, desks,
chairs, and atleast one working computer that makes for an ideal environment
for developing open source code or working on a project.

If you've seen the place previously it was pretty much a dump with things
everywhere. I've changed it up by stacking old computers so now there is
plenty of room for us to make our own mess. FYI you need key card access to
get in, so contact an officer for help with that.

* We don't actually have a couch, a minfridge, or a microwave. The money is
tight, and the school doesn't fund those kind of things.

BTW The open source lab could use a pci sound card if anyone wants to donate
their unused equipment.

On 10/18/06, Paul Betts <bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

> I fixed the PC in the OSUOSS lab today, now you can select "GNOME" as
> your session instead of Xfce4; it's running Ubuntu Edgy dev if you kids
> are interested in trying out Edgy Eft before it's released.
>
> --
> Paul Betts <bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu>

Peter Dietz
Student / Technologist