[opensource] Intel for OSU wireless, anyone?

Paul Betts bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Oct 19 14:26:33 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 13:28 -0400, Brian Dittmer wrote:
> This is an OPEN SOURCE MAILING LIST...not a WINDOWS tech support list.
> Call Intel, Google the problem, post in the CSE newsgroups, just don't
> ask about it here.
>
> For a description of what open source is go here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source

asking about, don't treat people so rudely on this list. Responding to
someone like that makes our club look like a bunch of "l33t" assholes
and that's not what we're about, go to #debian if you want to tell
people to RTFM all day.

As to the original question, it sounds like your Intel wireless driver
isn't working correctly, as MS's wireless implementation is generally
pretty stable (but it relies on the underlying driver to be correct). I
would try to update your Intel wireless driver, then use the MS wireless
implementation as that's the one that will give you the least amount of
nonsense.

If you're having trouble with certificates, try running "gpedit.msc" and
adding the "Certificates" snap-in (both User and Machine) to try and
troubleshoot. I'd try deleting the OSU Wireless certs and letting them
get re-added first, then make sure that there no breaks in the chain of
authority.

--
Paul Betts <bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu>