[opensource] Development Environment For C++

Marc Uhrich uhrich.1 at gradsch.ohio-state.edu
Thu Oct 19 15:01:47 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

I've been programming in C# using Visual Studio (or monodevelop) for the
last couple of years, and would like to get back into programming in
C++.  However, I've become extremely accustomed to Visual Studios
"Intellisense" that automatically populates/provides the names of
available methods and properties for objects. I've been poking around at
different cross-platform development environments but haven't found one
that really makes me feel at home.  Because there are more development
environments than adults playing MMORPGs in their parent's basements, I
feel a little overwhelmed in the search.

As sort of a fun experiment, I'd love to hear what everyone uses as
their development environment and their favorite features about it.
right answer.  I know that sometimes easy and powerful are at opposite
ends of the spectrum.

Thanks,

Marc Uhrich

Systems Engineer @ OSU Graduate School