[opensource] Intel for OSU wireless, anyone?

Sean Lee lee.2817 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 20 14:19:11 EDT 2006

I'm not so sure that's how the encryption works..  granted I'm not an
expert, but i am sure that the encryption isn't handled by the utility that
controls the driver.

I will admit fault, at first.. I didn't see that anything was 'broken' from
your message.  But, now, after reading your response.. I feel that perhaps,
this "it isn't actually connected yet" issue could be resolved temporarily
by turning the wireless radio on and off.  I know it's a shitty work around,
but it's because windows waits for authentication, and if you're in an area
with many cell sites.. it might've sent the auth to one and is waiting for
it from another.

And.. in the residence areas at least.. you will never achieve 54mbps to the
web.