[opensource] Intel for OSU wireless, anyone?

Marc Uhrich uhrich.1 at gradsch.ohio-state.edu
Fri Oct 20 14:32:23 EDT 2006

>That way, I could still stay compatible with assignments in Word
> format if I need to.

I agree that openoffice is extremely compatable with office documents. There are a handful of people I know that use it exclusively and haven't had any compatibility issues at all.

However, a few years back I wanted to run the Microsoft office suite on Linux (before OpenOffice was as slick as it is today.)  This was (and looks like it is still possible) using the product wine.  At the time the alternative api implimentation was not very mature, so I used the dll's from a windows install I had.  It worked with very few issues, and this was in 2001 so things should only work better now.  Just something to think about.

-Marc