[opensource] Ubuntu compatibility help?

BRIAN SWANEY swaney.29 at osu.edu
Sun Oct 22 23:39:43 EDT 2006

I just installed the Ubuntu disk from the involvement fair (sort of...) and need some help finding linux-compatible drivers. Is anyone able to help me? Also, it's confined to about a 3 gigabyte partition because I can't figure out how to either shrink or obliterate the Windows partition (it's "locked"). I'm going to try calling OIT,but based on their response to Intel, I'm not so sure they'll want to help me link to their network using Linux.

In any case, I'd really like some help putting Linux into a bigger partition. Maybe I'll have Microsoft run in a little Linux-cage from a dual-operating system boot orf something like that, as described at the last meeting, to write papers and stuff, or maybe I'll just scratch it all together. I'm not sure yet, whatever works better.

-Briana Swaney