[opensource] Ubuntu compatibility help?

Marc Uhrich uhrich.1 at gradsch.ohio-state.edu
Mon Oct 23 11:14:20 EDT 2006

Brian,
If you want to save some time and resize your windows partition you can
use a bootable cd of gparted which supports growing and shrinking of
NTFS partitions.  The project is located here
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/.  Although I have used it many times and
not destroyed a partition, it is recommended to have a backup of your
data before attempting to modify partitions.  I've also resized my
partitions using Partition Magic, but gparted seems to work just as well
and is free.  Hope this opens your eyes to some more options.
Marc Uhrich
Systems Engineer @ OSU Graduate School
247 University Hall, 230 N Oval Mall
Columbus, Ohio  43210