[opensource] Re: Ubuntu compatibility help?

BRIAN SWANEY swaney.29 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 23 22:13:27 EDT 2006

I tried all of the commands on that page. They didn't work. I'm pasting the DoS response below. Perhaps you can tell me what you think it means?

brian at 1Y6RZ91-595B:~$ sudo apt-get install network-manager-gnome
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
W: Duplicate sources.list entry cdrom://Ubuntu 6.06 _Dapper Drake_ - Release i386 (20060531) dapper/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/Ubuntu%206.06%20%5fDapper%20Drake%5f%20-%20Release%20i386%20(20060531)_dists_dapper_main_binary-i386_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry cdrom://Ubuntu 6.06 _Dapper Drake_ - Release i386 (20060531) dapper/restricted Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/Ubuntu%206.06%20%5fDapper%20Drake%5f%20-%20Release%20i386%20(20060531)_dists_dapper_restricted_binary-i386_Packages)
E: Couldn't find package network-manager-gnome
brian at 1Y6RZ91-595B:~$ apt-get update
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13 Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock the list directory
brian at 1Y6RZ91-595B:~$ sudo apt-get install network-manager-kde
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Note, selecting knetworkmanager instead of network-manager-kde
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  knetworkmanager: Depends: kdelibs4c2a (>= 4:3.5.2) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: libdbus-qt-1-1c2 (>= 0.60) but it is not installable                   Depends: libnm-util0 but it is not installable
                   Depends: network-manager (>= 0.6.2) but it is not installableE: Broken packages
brian at 1Y6RZ91-595B:~$ sudo apt-get install knetworkmanager
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  knetworkmanager: Depends: kdelibs4c2a (>= 4:3.5.2) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: libdbus-qt-1-1c2 (>= 0.60) but it is not installable                   Depends: libnm-util0 but it is not installable
                   Depends: network-manager (>= 0.6.2) but it is not installableE: Broken packages
brian at 1Y6RZ91-595B:~$ sudo apt-get install wpasupplicant
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
wpasupplicant is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
brian at 1Y6RZ91-595B:~$

-Brian Swaney