[opensource] Re: [opensource-announce] Meeting Announcement: 10/24/06 - This Week in Slashdot!

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Tue Oct 24 01:54:21 EDT 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Alexander J. Lingo wrote:

> On 10/23/06, BRIAN SWANEY <swaney.29 at osu.edu> wrote:

>> Forgive my ignorant question, but what is a "changelog"?

> A change log is a log of changes.

i.e. a cvs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concurrent_Versions_System) or
svn (http://subversion.tigris.org/) changelog.  The Linux kernel also has
a changelog used to track updates (http://tinyurl.com/yh59ww/).  FWIW,
Trac (http://trac.edgewall.org/) is also pretty cool for sw development.
I don't remember what Linus is using for the kernel, but there was a big
discussion about versioning systems not too long ago for the kernel src.

The http://lkml.org/ archives are sure to have some of that for reading.

Are the CSE system timestamps (or my server's timestamps, for that matter)
off, or is everyone else around here really also awake right now? ;)  A
friend of mine told me the osu.edu mail servers are delayed right now.

--
William R. Lorenz