[opensource] Linux vs. Windows

Charlie Hayes hayes.465 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 25 13:34:38 EDT 2006

You make an excellent point.

But taking into account how many resources that Microsoft is pooring
into this project, I have confidence that it will protect against 90%
of Malware on 'current versions' and then with udpates, remove the
remaining 10%, of course in a worst-case, this would mean you are
perpetually infected with that 10%.

I honestly believe that Windows Defender will protect the average
user from ~99% of all Spyware. And I think the very few users that
will get spyware due to Windows Defender failures will be so
insignificant that it is a 'non-issue' meaning its not worth
discussing; In the same way that for the most part, getting a GUI
running on GNU/Linux is now an non-issue.

-Charlie