[opensource] Linux vs. Windows

Charlie Hayes hayes.465 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 25 14:06:45 EDT 2006

Yes, the famous RPC buffer overflow arbitrary code execution bug.

A friend of mine (this is all before SP2 which fixes this) got a
virus before windows was even done installing.

Again, this is a non-issue, its fixed and since that incident
Microsoft has been really into security.

It's quite possible that Linux has a similar issue and Windows still
contains a similar bug. However, as Nick pointed out, Windows is the
target since it has such a huge share of the market.

-Charlie Hayes