[opensource] A Modicum of Decorum, Please.

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Oct 25 23:48:14 EDT 2006

Friends,

I've been very disappointed with the level of discourse on our mailing
list over the past few days.  This is not the way we communicate with
each other in this group and because of the conduct on the mailing list,
we have lost several members.

There are over 200 subscribers on this email list, many more newsgroup
subscribers, and it is publicly archived on the web.  When you post
something on this list, you are broadcasting it to all of those people.
 The things that you say and do here reflect on us as an organization
within the university an out into the community.  Please conduct
yourselves with dignity befitting an Ohio State student and a member of
the open source club.

I've said this before but it bears repeating: We are not the anti
Microsoft club.  Our charter is to promote Open Source awareness and
build a strong community of Open Source users and advocates within the
framework of OSU.  Our goal is to unite people, not divide them.

Let's get back to uniting,
 - jim.