[opensource] Letter writing for OSS hardware support

Sean Lee lee.2817 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 26 20:28:19 EDT 2006

I'm well aware of paul v. dell for the dellwebsites.com domain.

If I let what goes on in the world affect my decision, I wouldn't even use
ReiserFS.  There was a period in time where I wouldn't suggest any computer
except one I built.  I wouldn't buy a laptop because I hated all the
companies...  wow how that's changed.  I even use Windows and Microsoft
Office...

I understand your reasons, but I hope I don't offend you when I say it'll
lead to a very limited selection.  I wish I could say, I'm not going to buy
a Dell because of the company, I won't use ReiserFS because Hans is a
killer.  I would even dare to say I won't buy Honda because of the ricer
community.  My point is, I support your cause, but.. there are many good
products that we can't avoid as consumers.

Sad from writing this letter,
Sean