[opensource] Student position available in the security group

Steve Romig romig.1 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 14 15:00:07 EDT 2006

The OSU/CIO Security Group is looking for an undergraduate student
to fill a part time position in our group.

The position mostly involves assisting with incident response -
receiving and responding to complaints about computer intrusions;
looking through our logs to determine who attacked what, and how and
when; examining evidence collected from victims of computer related
crimes; and helping people around campus to better secure their
computer systems and networks.  The position may also involve some
programming tasks if the successful candidate has the necessary
skills.

Candidates must be responsible, quick learners, and should have some
experience with either UNIX or Windows systems administration.
Knowledge about networking at the protocol level would be a big plus,
as would experience with systems programming in Perl, Python or Ruby.
Knowledge of network and host based security threats and protection
mechanisms would be beneficial as well, but is not required.

We would like you to present two referrals from previous employers or
instructors.  Candidates must be willing to undergo a police
background check.

If you would like to apply, or would like more information, please
contact Steve Romig by email at romig.1 at osu.edu by September 20.

Thanks!

--- Steve Romig, Security Group, Office of the CIO