[opensource] Meeting Announcement: 9/21/06 - Welcome Back With Alex! / Ideas for LinuxFest 2006

Alexander J. Lingo lingo.13 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 19 13:37:15 EDT 2006

OPENSOURCE CLUB MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT:
======================================

Date: 09/21/2006
Time: 7:00PM
Room: 480 Dreese Labs

Topic: Welcome Back With Alex! / Ideas for LinuxFest 2006

Welcome back for the 2006-2007 school year! Come and find out what we are
planning for this year for the Opensource Club and share your thoughts and
ideas. Would you like to see less talk and more rock? Then come and voice
your opinion!

We are especially interesting in your ideas for the upcoming Ohio LinuxFest
2006. Linuxfest is a free conference of over a dozen open-source sponsors
and twenty speakers, all celebrating the greatness that in Linux and open
source.

This year, The Opensource Club will have its very own booth set up for the
conference. We need to come up with ideas on how we can use this awesome
opportunity to reach out to the greater Linux and open source community.

Linuxfest will happen on September 30th at the Greater Columbus Convention
Center in downtown Columbus. The Convention Center can be easily reached via
the South #2 COTA bus from High Street.

There are two registration options for Ohio LinuxFest this year. There is a
free option, and a $65 All Conference Pass. The All Conference Pass offers
several gifts and perks. More information about the All Conference Pass and
registration can be found on the Ohio LinuxFest 2006 web site at
http://www.ohiolinux.org or the Opensource Club site at
http://opensource.cse.ohio-state.edu. It is very important for all attendees
to register by September 22nd in order to attend.

Club meetings are always open to the general public including nonmembers
and nonstudents.  Meetings are casual and usually last about one and a
half hours.  You are welcome to attend as your schedule permits - please
be courteous when coming late or leaving early.

For more information, please visit: http://opensource.cse.ohio-state.edu