[opensource] Anyone getting wireless to work?

Alexander J. Lingo lingo.13 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 21 16:13:45 EDT 2006

Dave wrote:

I saw you guys at the involvement fair. Im running OPENSUSE 10.1 right now
and its working great except for wireless. To catch up on what I'm
doing/where I'm at in the process check out this forum
post.<http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=24431>
Thanks for any help.
Dave

Then someone else wrote:

Use ndiswrapper for Broadcom, the native open-source driver doesn't work
right yet. Btw, the newest NetworkManager works with OSU wireless like
gangbusters.

And finally arava_phani wrote:

I think i got this particular driver working on my laptop long back, but
cldnt connect to OSU network. You ned to install the ndiswrapper + the
wireless adapter driver (I mean the windows driver).

If u particularly need help in getting the wireless up, i can . Iam not sure
about the school/CSE netwrok. The CSE network uses some kind of Aegis client
(which i never got running).