[opensource] CUPS and s900 drivers

Ann Elliott elliott.222 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 21 22:32:01 EDT 2006

I'm hoping someone has some good news for me, because from what I see
online it seems I'm out of luck.

I have a Canon S900 printer. It prints beautiful stuff from XP and OSX
(10.2.8), each using Canon's drivers. It is currently connected
(through USB) to the mac. I have a RAW queue in CUPS for my windows
machine to print through which works fine. I would like to be able to
print to it from my FreeBSD (currently running 6.0) machine, but my
printer is not a postscript printer and there is no gimp-print driver
for it (there is for the s800, but they're not compatible). Am I stuck
scping everything over to the mac for printing?

-Ann