[opensource] [QUAR] talks

Daniel McEnnis dmcenn at po-box.mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 27 01:06:08 EDT 2006

OSU OSS,

There are a couple of topics I could give a talk on if there is
sufficient interest.  One would be on the various different open source
projects that are used in music computing with a focus on applications
in my specialty - music information retrieval (http://www.ismir.net).
Another topic I could talk about would be on the technology and related
issues behind many of the online music discovery websites and related
research.  This would center on http://www.pandora.com and
http://www.last-fm.com, but would also cover some of the smaller systems
and research projects that are out there.  However, this talk would not
have much in the way of opensource about it.  (I think last-fm still
opensources their code, but they're the only ones - even among the
research projects...).

Daniel.