[opensource] Re: C++ & HTTP

Karen Manukyan manukyan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Apr 17 02:50:21 EDT 2007

Alex Moore wrote:
> Does anybody know how to get files from a website (or just the webpage)
> in a c++ program ? I've always wondered this and now I actually have a
> use for it in a program.
>
> Also, how much for the router Paul ?
>
> --Alex

Hi Alex,

You can definitely implement all the stuff (create socket, connect to
the sever, create an http get request (or whatever it is called), send
it to the server and read back the web-page), but that requires quite a
lot of code to be written.
I would recommend to use one of the libraries which have all that stuff
implemented and ready to use.

Here is a couple of links:
1. https://sourceforge.net/projects/libhttp/
Never used this this one, but it looks like it is exactly what you need.

2. http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt
Qt is just awesome! I used it quite a lot and I love it :) It has much
more than just http and networking in general, it has almost anything
you can think of. And it is crossplatform. And it is free for
non-commercial use.

-Karen