[opensource] C++ & HTTP

Nick Hurley hurley at todesschaf.org
Tue Apr 17 09:46:21 EDT 2007

On 17 Apr 2007, at 02:30, Alex Moore wrote:
> Does anybody know how to get files from a website (or just the
> webpage) in a c++ program ? I've always wondered this and now I
> actually have a use for it in a program.

I recommend libcurl (http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/). It does HTTP,
HTTPS (when combined with openssl), FTP, and a WHOLE bunch of other
things. Plus, it has bindings into all sorts of languages (C/C++,
Perl, PHP, ...). And, on top of all that, it's what is used by  curl
(1), likely the best cli download tool (hence the similarity in the
names).
--
Peace,
   Nick

    You can present the material, but you can't make me care.
                   -- Calvin