[opensource] WINNAR

paul c betts bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Apr 23 15:30:17 EDT 2007

It only took me like 3 hours, but I've successfully got a LTSP fat client
booting! This means all the PCs in the lab will share a common login,
home, and installed software and we only have to update one of them.

Problems yet to be resolved:

- The big one is, our Internet is (of course), messed up; it works
intermittently but fails for 5 mins at a time for absolutely no reason.
It's either the crappy D-Link router we've got, or CSEs network again.
I'll set up the PC to directly connect and we'll see if the problem
persists.

- Home directory mounting is kind of messed up and is a hack - need to fix
it. /root is messed up too

- NFS seems a bit slow; it doesn't appear that it's on the host end so
maybe some NFS perf tweaks will help, I think everything's set on sync

--
Paul Betts <bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu>