[opensource] WINNAR

James Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Apr 25 11:29:30 EDT 2007

Sweet!  Thanks for all your hard work!

FYI, I did some cleaning in the office last night and got the iMac
working again.  It's running XUbuntu edgy eft for PowerPC.  The ATI
driver is not playing nice so I switched it to using fbdev.  I'll try to
get to the bottom of the ATI driver issue so we can get acceleration
back.  Anyone fixed this before?

 ~Jim.

paul c betts wrote:
> It only took me like 3 hours, but I've successfully got a LTSP fat client
> booting! This means all the PCs in the lab will share a common login,
> home, and installed software and we only have to update one of them.
>
> Problems yet to be resolved:
>
> - The big one is, our Internet is (of course), messed up; it works
> intermittently but fails for 5 mins at a time for absolutely no reason.
> It's either the crappy D-Link router we've got, or CSEs network again.
> I'll set up the PC to directly connect and we'll see if the problem
> persists.
>
> - Home directory mounting is kind of messed up and is a hack - need to fix
> it. /root is messed up too
>
> - NFS seems a bit slow; it doesn't appear that it's on the host end so
> maybe some NFS perf tweaks will help, I think everything's set on sync

Dept Computer Science and Engineering
      The Ohio State University