[opensource] Looking for a case

Silas Baronda barondas at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sun Apr 29 21:11:16 EDT 2007

Wyatt wrote:
> Well I've managed to get myself in another fine mess and have mostly
> cobbled together a new machine to abuse for the next few years.  But
> I've found that I don't have any ATX cases (plenty that are AT, oddly
> enough).  All I really want is a decently sturdy case with a drop out
> motherboard tray and I don't want to pay $150 for a piece of sheet metal
> (I tend to buy cases for no more than $25 :/ ).  I was wondering if
> anyone on the list had any suggestions on cases like this?  Thanks a bunch
>
> -Wyatt

Well Wyatt you are in luck. On newegg they have 41 cases that are $25
and under.  I'm not sure if they have a motherboard tray or not.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090007+4093&name=%2410+-+%2425
The downside is that they don't all come with PSUs and the shipping
prices might be a little high.

I like this one quite a bit.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156053
It looks like it is aluminum but it describes it as steel.

Might have to buy this one myself :)

Thanks,
Silas