[opensource] Meeting Announcement: 5/1/07: Edubuntu/LTSP aka "How we fixed the lab"

Alexander J. Lingo lingo.13 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 30 16:48:03 EDT 2007

OPENSOURCE CLUB MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT:
======================================

NOTICE: Aaron's talk on "Java Studio Creator" will be occurring next week.

Date: 5/1/2007
Time: 7:00PM
Room: Dreese Labs 480
Topic:  Edubuntu/LTSP

Paul Says:

"I'll be giving a presentation on the stuff I did last week to fix up the
computers in the lab, specifically on the LTSP/Fat Client stuff. This allows
the other computers in the lab to PXE-boot over the network without a HD,
have unified home directories and logins, and in general be really handy.

I'll also have a signup sheet at the meeting for those who want a
login/password to use the lab on a regular basis to store your stuff and be
able to do your labs on computers that you can actually _do_stuff_ on
(unlike CL112 *cough*)"

--alex

Club meetings are always open to the general public including nonmembers and
nonstudents.  Meetings are casual and usually last about one and a half
hours.  You are welcome to attend as your schedule permits - please be
courteous when coming late or leaving early.

For more information, please visit: http://opensource.cse.ohio-state.edu