[opensource] Idea: Online meetings

Paul Betts bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Feb 13 19:32:52 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 19:24 -0500, BRIAN SWANEY wrote:
> Can we fit that many into one chat room? I know we all have IM clients,
>  but I thought they limited the attendance to some number. Which
>  protocol do we intend to use? AIM?

I think the best and easiest way is to meet on IRC. The gotomeeting
offer is certainly generous Srini, but I think the hassle of getting
into the site would be a bit too much; we could go to that if we find
it's too limiting on IRC (remember though, you can always paste links to
handouts, screenshots, commands on Pastebin et al).

OSUOSS already has a dedicated chat room surprisingly (or maybe not for
some of you), it's #OSUOSS on irc.freenode.net (if that doesn't mean
anything to you, give a shout-out to the list and I'll help out)

--
Paul Betts <bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu>