[opensource] Ubuntu Installation Problems

CHRISTOPHER ROLLEY rolley.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 25 18:45:24 EST 2007

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to install Ubuntu 6.10 on a Dell Inspiron E1405 with display specs (14.1" Widescreen TFT Active Matrix WXGA+ (1440 x 900) display with TrueLifeTM).

I keep getting a X-server error message that states that something is wrong with the Graphics and it is unable to display a GUI and it just takes me straight to the shell.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or do I have to try a different Linux OS( if i do does anyone have any recommendations?)

Thanks for your help