[opensource] Ubuntu Installation Problems

BRIAN SWANEY swaney.29 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 25 23:35:50 EST 2007

Mine is E1505 (strikingly similar model number) and I'm not sure if it was the same problem, but it didn't install. It took an objectionable time to boot (even for booting from a CD) and then my computer wouldn't boot (at all; presumably because of a corrupt GRUB menu). I'd try Edgy again, but I'd rather wait at least until I won't need my computer immediately after, since I'd have to reinstall Ubuntu 6.06 and fix my GRUB menu to turn it back on.

Paul, you remember that instance. Do you think this fix that you mention would work? Perhaps I'd be better off installing it with you around... I can't very well search Google without a working computer...

-Brian Swaney