[opensource] PDF Editing

Steven James Samuel Stapleton stapleton at mps.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jan 26 19:51:31 EST 2007

I'm not sure about this, as I've not dealt with this a lot (I personally
detest PDFs and will go to any length to avoid them), but there are several
ghostscript/ghostview implementations in the free *Nix world, including one
that is GNU. Don't these usually involve graphical editors? Looking at the
ones available for my system, I notice they also have pdf2ps and pdf2dsc
applications, which may expand your options a bit. Given you are in Linux,
you may be able to find a pdf2tex or ps2tex app to join with this as well,
and I know there are WYSIWYG tex editors, though I've not used them so I
couldn't tell you what they are.

Sorry I can't be fo more help, but I hope this can at least put you a
littler further along in your search for an editor/printer.

-Jim Stapleton