[opensource] PDF Editing

Evan Powers powers.161 at osu.edu
Sat Jan 27 00:30:38 EST 2007

When I opened this thread in GMail, Google's ad engine helpfully
suggested I look at http://smartpdfconverter.com/ for my PDF-to-Word
conversion needs.

It appears to be a Windows program; the trial version is free and does
not expire, but can only convert documents three pages long or
shorter. That's a small hurdle; it's relatively easy to dice your PDF
into 3-page chunks prior to conversion using command line tools
(pdf2ps --> ps2ps --> ps2pdf is one way to do it if I'm not mistaken;
there may be a more direct method).

No idea how well it works, but it might be worth looking into.

- Evan

P.S.  Along the same lines, the many web-based file conversion sites
might be worth a look.