[opensource] uninstall ubuntu

Steven James Samuel Stapleton stapleton at mps.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jan 28 16:10:48 EST 2007

The problem isn't that Ubuntu is installed. The problem is that your hard
drive appears before your CD ROM drive in your systems boot opetions.

The best way to fix this is to look at the messages one bootup, and find the
"Press [some key] for boot menu". This is usually, but not always [F8]. If
you have a splacsh screen, you'll need to turn it of (usually [tab], but
again, not always, the actual key should be listed somewhere on the screen).

There's also editing your BIOS settings to fix this, but I wouldn't advise
that unless you *really* know what you are doing, because you can make your
computer unbootable otherwise.

-Jim Stapleton