[opensource] uninstall ubuntu

BRIAN SWANEY swaney.29 at osu.edu
Sun Jan 28 17:26:19 EST 2007

Everyone seems to be telling you to go into BIOS. this will generally work fine (sometimes the BIOS doesn't let you change the boot order). Find there something about the boot order and put CD first. If that doesn't work and/or you don't want to mess around with your settings (I've seen a computer that did not give the option to change the boot order in BIOS), another key will give you a one-time boot menu. For me, BIOS is [F2] and the boot menu is [F12]. It could be a number of things though, depending on your machine. Try pressing every key that starts with "F," the [Tab] key, and the [Esc] key. whichever of these ways you encounter, you'll find your Windows disk booting. It should be self-explanitory from there. Just kill the Linux partition and install the Windows CD into the free space (you can shrink it later by booting from a live CD and running gparted).

If I were you, I'd consider taking advantage of the GRUB menu (actually, I already do). Install Windows first, so it doesn't have anything to run over, then install Linux and it will let you shrink the partition and install it to a second one. The next time you boot, you'll see a menu asking what operating system you want to use.

Hope this helps...

-Brian Swaney