[opensource] Call for devs: gnome-format

Marc Uhrich uhrich.1 at gradsch.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jan 30 15:06:23 EST 2007

Thanks Paul,
I knew there was probably a good reason the configure script was
missing.  Your explanation makes a lot of sense.  I also noticed that
you put the autogen.sh script in the repository.  Thanks!

After installing a lot of development libraries for Python and GTK,
configure is still complaining that certain libraries on my machine are
too old.  Specifically, it is requesting that libnautilus-extension >=
2.16, eel-2.0>=2.16, and librsvg-2.0>=2.16.  I currently have versions
2.14.3, 2.14.3, 2.14.4 respectively.  I'm using Ubuntu Dapper and did an
update and upgrade to make sure I have the most current "stuff".  Now, I
can go hunting for source, but I'm assuming you didn't do that in order
to build the application.  How would you recommend getting the required
versions of these libraries?  I know that Debian has different release
levels like "unstable" and "stable", does Ubuntu have the same and
should I be using a more aggressive build?

Thanks again in advance,
Marc Uhrich
Systems Engineer @ OSU Graduate School
247 University Hall, 230 N Oval Mall