[opensource] Helix Player

BRIAN SWANEY swaney.29 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 4 19:40:55 EDT 2007

Hello all,

If anyone is still listening over the summer, I found Helix player on Automatix2 before upgrading to Fiesty (which doesn't seem to support it). Anyway, I shamefully regret my novice assumption in its being open source, and found it copyrighted by my favorite (not!) media company, RealNetworks. Does anyone know if their general rule of including spyware bundles (I imagine so) still applies, and if so, how to remove them if an uninstallation doesn't do the trick? Also, where might I find whatever the unfamiliar name for RealAlternative, or anything else that plays RealMedia?

-Brian Swaney