[opensource] Links to Remove from Club's Blog

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 9 08:21:32 EDT 2007

Hey Everyone,
I went ahead and disabled the entire commenting system. I'll be the first to
say, that I'm glad that someone found a use for our site, but our site isn't
here for spam commenting.
My proposed method of CAPTCHA, or Completely Automated Public Turing test to
tell Computers and Humans Apart, would be to have trivia questions imbedded
inside of the images, and then the human has to answer the question, as it
should be fairly easy for a person to answer it. Possible questions might
be:
 What is the greatest school in the world?
What is the worst school?
What is the name of that evil corporation?
Which company does no evil?
Write the perl script to alphabetically sort unique entries of a set...

btw, Luis von Ahn, the deviser of captcha was in this months issue of WIRED
magazine, and he is planning on releasing a few "games" this summer that use
the processing power of human minds that are very skilled at answering
captcha questions or labeling images, and will do the work for free, so long
as you can make it entertaining enough for someone to do it. Interesting
read

Have a great summer

--
==