[opensource] Apple WWDC 2007 Student Scholarships

Stephen Sebeny sebeny.1 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 9 00:29:47 EST 2007

Hi All,

    I just wanted to drop a quick note to this list about Apple WWDC Student
Scholarships since I didn't see anything on this list about them. Sorry if
something was already posted that I missed -- I don't monitor this list
closely.

    Any students on this list that are interested in Macintosh software
development may be interested in know that Apple has a "student scholarship
program" for WWDC. WWDC is Apple's big annual development conference. I was
lucky enough to get a free pass for WWDC in this program for four years, and
I can attest that WWDC is both immensely fun and incredibly educational.

    If there are any students on this list with an interested in Mac SW
development be sure to check out this link, and submit an application.
(Also, drop me an e-mail if you want to chat about Mac development
sometime.) Note, the deadline for application is March 19th, so act quick.

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/students/

    Students, if the above wasn't enough to interest you let me give you a
different reason. I (finally) graduated last year and am now working at
Group Logic <www.grouplogic.com> on ExtremeZIP - an AFP server for Windows.
I know for a fact that going to WWDC specifically helped land me this job.
After hired I was told that it was one of the things that stood out on my
resume. And when interviewing I discovered that I had previously met someone
from the company at WWDC. Also, if your looking for a Mac related job they
usually have a student career fair at WWDC. You need a job, right? So go
apply for a scholarship to WWDC!

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/students/

    Enjoy!

P.S. If you can think of anyone who might be interested in this opportunity
I encourage you to forward this e-mail on to them!

P.P.S. If you're going to WWDC 07 drop me a note. I plan on being there.

-----
Stephen M. Sebeny
sebeny.1 at osu.edu