[opensource] mplayer fullscreen issue

Wesley Haines kremit at wrpn.net
Mon Mar 26 01:47:04 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 10:17 -0400, Marc Uhrich wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I'm having an issue getting mplayer to fill the whole screen while using
> an accelerated output on my DLP TV (1280x720).  Initially, I was using
> the -vo mode of x11 in conjunction with the -zoom option.  This produces
> an output that does fill the entire screen; however, without video
> acceleration the picture is choppy.  While this can be mediated by
> allowing frame dropping and some other mplayer flag magic, I would
> rather use the video card in my computer to, well, do its job.

I've had problems with recent versions of Mplayer being choppy. I
upgraded my system a few weeks ago and used the latest NVIDIA drivers
and that problem has seemed to have gone away.

Anyway, have you tried Mplayer with just the "-fs" (fullscreen) option?

This seems to work fine for me, and produces a full-screen video from a
320x240 video:

$ mplayer -fs -vo xv [filename]

Wesley Haines

Network Administrator       Webmaster
WRPN Internet Services      weatherUSA.net
http://wrpn.net/            http://www.weatherusa.net/