[opensource] mplayer fullscreen issue

Marc Uhrich uhrich.1 at gradsch.ohio-state.edu
Mon Mar 26 10:55:38 EDT 2007

Thanks for the response Wesley,
I have tried it with only the full screen option.  I've found places
that insinuate the -zoom option is only available using software
rendering which explains why it only works for x11 video mode.  A friend
suggested using VLC instead of Mplayer for a variety of different
reasons and it seems to play video full screen without any issues.
Until I see a significant advantage with Mplayer or a shortcoming with
VLC I think I'll stick with it.
Thanks again,
-Marc