[opensource] gnome-format 0.2

Paul Betts bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat May 5 20:18:18 EDT 2007

Hi, I've finished a bit of a milestone in gnome-format, the (hopefully)
replacement for the venerable GFloppy. I've written about it more on my
blog, the posting is here:

http://blog.paulbetts.org/index.php/2007/05/05/gnome-format-02-this-one-actually-does-stuff/

Or for the less patient,

svn co svn://paulbetts.org/gformat

Everything is feature-complete at this point except for
* LUKS Encryption
* Floppies
* Operations that require rewriting/editing the partition table

At this point, a lot of the main work is done, it's just a lot of small
tasks that need to be done to clean up the code and possibly get it
ready in time for GNOME 2.20. Patches are definitely appreciated, once I
get formatting entire disks working, it will be at a point where
Emmanuele Bassi and I can get it into GNOME svn.

The TODO file lists the main things that need fixed, as well as a
general need for cleaning up, and many these things don't need a lot of
"big-picture" knowledge. If anyone wants to help, especially if you're
handy with Python, reply back and I'll get you added to the svn.
Comments, thoughts, complaints, and anything else is encouraged!

--
Paul Betts <bettsp at cse.ohio-state.edu>