[opensource] Awesome Firefox Plugins

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Mon May 14 21:32:45 EDT 2007

Web Developer would have to be my favorite. I do websites for the university
libraries, and its a pretty sweet tool when changing webpages. You can
modify the css for a page and it live updates and the page immediately looks
different. Another awesome feature is the object modeling thing, when you
click analyze and it shows you the entire structure of a page which allows
you to figure out why a page looks how it does, or to find out why it
doesn't look the way you think your code should make it look.
http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/
[image: The image
"https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/images/addon_preview/60/1" cannot
be displayed, because it contains errors.]

And my roommate recommended noscript
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722 because of its excellence
in keeping his safe and clean, even after he visits the nastiest of the
pr0n.
[image: The image
"https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/images/addon_preview/722/1" cannot
be displayed, because it contains errors.]
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/previews/722>

On 11/05/07, Michael Benedict <zosima at zosima.org> wrote:

> ImageZoom is my favorite.  Great if you are looking at graphs or any
> pictures that have the resolution you want but just aren't big enough to
> see detail.  Kind of like reading glasses.... wow, I am getting old.
>         Cheers,
>                 Michael
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 01:30:34PM -0400, James Dinan wrote:
> > Hey All,
> >
> > I discovered this totally sweet firefox plugin the other day called
> > MediaPlayerConnectivity and just had to share.  This plugin allows you
> > to launch embedded video from web pages in any external player of your
> > choosing.  This means you can dispense with those clunky, broken in
> > browser plugins and just watch the video.  You can also skip past the
> > "You don't have windows media player" warnings on CNN.com and watch the
> > MMS streams in xine.  :)
> >
> > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/446
> >
> > What are some other cool plugins you guys are using?
> >
> >  ~Jim.

Peter Dietz
Student / Technologist

www.eclectech.us