[opensource] Next Meeting: Catching up with Google

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 13 15:56:16 EST 2007

#### Open Source Meeting Announcement ####
#
# Next Meeting: Thursday, November 15, 2007
# Topic: Catching up with Google (Open Social and Android API's)
# Where: Dreese Labs 266
#
######

Catching Up With Google
While I personally am a big fan of Google, they have released several things
recently that match well on terms of "open source", "developers", and
"pretty frickin amazing", and "wheres my gPhone?", that I don't think we can
go wrong looking into their Open
Social<http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/>,
and Google Android <http://www.openhandsetalliance.com/> (Open Handset
Alliance) API's. If anyone is already beyond Hello World, then please
consider presenting.

In addition they have some $10Million USD to give away to developers who can
create some sweet apps.

In Other News
We may be receiving some funding soon which can go towards upgrading our
computer lab/office, so we may also be buying some new workstations. I'm
leaning towards the Buy-one-get-one One laptop per
child<http://www.laptopgiving.org/en/index.php>program for a portable
machine.

--
==
Peter Dietz

Computer Science & Engineering -- The Ohio State University