[opensource] Fw: Student Web Developer position at the OSU Libraries Instruction Office

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 9 16:13:50 EDT 2007

Hey Everyone,

I was going through my old emails, and I noticed a request for skilled web
developers / programmers. The project was for a way to introduce first year
students to the University Libraries via a bunch of games.

For the finished product, checkout http://library.osu.edu/sites/fye/
Its pretty cool in my opinion.

On 1/18/07, Tingting Lu <ltingting77 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The OSU Libraries Instruction Office is looking for a
> student Web developer with experience in web
> programming and Flash animation to develop/improve a
> series of casual interactive games and puzzles.
> Background in design or some knowledge of visual and
> interactive design principles highly desired.
>
> The prototypes of the games were built with Hot
> Potatoes (HTML & JavaScript) and Macromedia Captivate
> (Flash). The finished product will be distributed to
> all first year freshmen coming this Fall to orient
> them to the University Libraries. [Job description
> flyer attached]
>
> Salary:  $10.00 per hour
>
> Start Date:  Available immediately beginning Winter
> Quarter 2007
>
> Contact:
> Send list of qualifications and links to related
> projects you have developed to:
> Fred Roecker, Head Library Instruction
> roecker.1 at osu.edu
>
> Responsibilities:
> •       Work with the project team to ensure the creative
> vision can be realized from a technical standpoint
> •       Provide creative solutions to design and technical
> problems
> •       Produce Flash animations and interactive web
> content, coding and testing JavaScript and
> ActionScript for provided content
> •       Create and edit graphics for web and Flash content
> •       Assist in usability testing
>
> Qualifications:
> •       HTML, JavaScript, cascading style sheet, Dreamweaver
> •       Flash and Advanced ActionScript
> •       Fireworks and/or Photoshop
> •       Visual design skills
> •       Highly responsive to iterative design and testing
> needs
> •       Able to meet project deadlines
>
> Hours:
> Up to 20 hours per week. There is a tight deadline for
> this project, so most programming work will be done in
> January through April 2007.

==
Peter Dietz

Computer Science & Engineering -- The Ohio State University