[opensource] Meeting Tonight -- MythTV (an OS for your home media center)

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 11 09:22:57 EDT 2007

OPENSOURCE CLUB MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT:
======================================

Date: Thursday October 11, 2007
Time: 7:00PM
Room: Dreese Labs 266
Topic: MythTV

According to the developer, "MythTV is a homebrew PVR project that I've been
working on in my spare time. It's been under heavy development for almost
four years, and is now quite useable and featureful."

I see it as an OS for your home media center, that brings tv recording,
playback, internet, and gaming to your living room. And Alex will surely
show off some of the nuts and  bolts that make this happen.

Club meetings are always open to the general public including nonmembers and
nonstudents.  Meetings are casual and usually last about one and a half
hours.  You are welcome to attend as your schedule permits - please be
courteous when coming late or leaving early.

--
==
Peter Dietz

Computer Science & Engineering -- The Ohio State University