[opensource] Meeting Tonight -- MythTV (an OS for your home media center)

Sean Lee lee.2817 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 11 09:52:07 EDT 2007

I really love MythTV, but I really would like to see my xbox360 to be able
to be used as an extender for linuxMCE one day. I know it doesn't seem
likely unless I mod my my 360, but I'm still hopeful that one day the
microsoft mce protocol will be exploited :)

If anyone knows of any projects that are working on something similar to
this, please let me know.. i'd be interested in helping out.

Sean

On 10/11/07, Peter Dietz <dietz.72 at osu.edu> wrote:

> OPENSOURCE CLUB MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT:
> ======================================
>
> Date: Thursday October 11, 2007
> Time: 7:00PM
> Room: Dreese Labs 266
> Topic: MythTV
>
> According to the developer, "MythTV is a homebrew PVR project that I've
> been working on in my spare time. It's been under heavy development for
> almost four years, and is now quite useable and featureful."
>
> I see it as an OS for your home media center, that brings tv recording,
> playback, internet, and gaming to your living room. And Alex will surely
> show off some of the nuts and  bolts that make this happen.
>
> ============================== ========
>
> Club meetings are always open to the general public including nonmembers
> and
> nonstudents.  Meetings are casual and usually last about one and a half
> hours.  You are welcome to attend as your schedule permits - please be
> courteous when coming late or leaving early.
>

> --
> ==
> Peter Dietz
>
> Computer Science & Engineering -- The Ohio State University

Thanks,

Sean Lee
(c) 614-218-4533
lee.2817 at osu.edu