[opensource] source code management

Silas Baronda silas.baronda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:10:04 EDT 2008

I like using a decentralized type of SCM tool.  SVN and CVS are old
school and there are bigger and better.  I use Mercurial
[http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/] which I love.  Very easy to
use and very popular among big projects and yet small projects.  It
also just turned 1.0

The benefit to decentralized is that you don't have to setup a server
to sync you commits with people.  Here is the wiki page for it also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercurial_(software)
and here is a description of Decentralized
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_revision_control]