[opensource] Meeting Tonight: source code management systems

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Thu Apr 10 15:26:57 EDT 2008

Tonight's meeting we will be talking about Source Code Management
(SCM), things such as Subversion SVN, Concurrent Versioning System
CVS, and definitely not git (because the mental requirements are too
high, but maybe I'll show a snippit of 'Linus on git').

I'll bring a machine in from our lab for us to install these on, and
essential make us a repository, (insert disclaimer here).

Additionally, Google released App Engine,
http://code.google.com/appengine/ which uses Google's infrastructure
as a hosted framework for your own web application development, so
expect a few words on that.

Meeting info Dreese Labs 266 @ 7pm tonight (Thursday April 10)

Also, I would like someone knowledgeable on virtualization to give a
presentation/talk/demo on that, because I think that is f'n sweet.

Also, Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron will be officially released at the end
of the month, and it brings several key improvements. Personally I'm
happy that ATI has finally developed video drivers and with the latest
Xorg, my old radeon 9800 is powering dual monitors quite nicely. So I
would like to promote this on campus, either by hoisting an ubuntu
flag, and voting Ubuntu for USG, or just ordering, burning, and
passing out install discs.

--
==
Peter Dietz

Computer & Information Science -- The Ohio State University